Sunday, November 22, 2009

Pope to Archbishop of Canterbury at their recent meeting in the Vatican:

Snippet at the end of their 20 minute conversation:
(Of course, it didn't happen. Just another of my flights of fancy.)


Pope: (having listened with the utmost patience and courtesy) Today, I only have time to correct you on one thing my dear friend.

Cantuar: Pray do tell.

Pope: In the Vatican these days, the only things we attempt to poach are 'Eggs Benedict'.

Cantuar: Is that supposed to be some sort of yolk? Ha! Ha!

Pope: Not at all. It's actually quite a hard-boiled statement of fact.

Cantuar: But when the raising agent is trying to egg the pudding, what can we do....?

Pope: As I have indicated there isn't time to enter into matters of such theological moment. I am happy to tread on the eggshells the Lord has sent me. I pray for you as you tread on the ones you have chosen.

Cantuar: (Sadly missing the point) Well I think it's time I scrambled.

Pope: Yes, un oeuf is un oeuf. (Aside to Georg) Please see him out. And be kind and gentle, I don't think he realises he has egg all over his beard.

2 comments:

pelerin said...

That was amusing Jane! Especially liked 'un oeuf is un oeuf!!' Ouch!

Do hope all is proceeding well for the big event.

Rubricarius said...

Eggstremely funny!