Friday, May 29, 2009

Blogger proposes; God disposes

No more blogging for the forseeable future I'm afraid. Too many spiritual, domestic and bureaucratic (French medical system) demands on my time which must take priority. If anyone wants to contact me by email or by commenting here, I'll be most grateful and will reply. I'll keep up to date with everyone else's blogs, and may be constrained to the occasional comment, but that will be as much as I can manage.

LMS friends: I won't be able to come to London for the Westminster Cathedral Mass on June 20th. Colin will probably be home from hospital by then and I cannot possibly leave him. Please pray for us.

God bless our beloved Pope Benedict, and all here.

J

4 comments:

umblepie said...

Jane, Hope everything goes well for you and your husband.
Remembered daily in our prayers. Brian. PS Hope your garden is doing well. My wife is praying for some warm sunshine. She has planted out lots of seedlings, but we are in the grip of a bitingly cold northern air-stream, which doesn't help the flowers in the garden or her.

Jane said...

Dear Brian,

Thank you for this kind and very much appreciated comment.
Colin is progressing well and it looks as if he could be home within the next fortnight. Meanwhile, in the house, I continue to move bookcases and beds, if not mountains!

I commiserate with your wife about her vulnerable seedlings. But one thing is certain, those that survive, particularly the perennials, will always be vary strong. Many of my plants, came mailorder, from Barwinnock Herbs in Ayrshire. The firm's motto: 'Strong plants from a cool climate'. Must be some spiritual metaphor there, ed.!

What news of Hector - thriving I hope. My feline family has been demanding recently. Bess had to go to the vet to have an abscess lanced a few hours before Colin's accident. I think she'd lost an argument with a hedgehog. Then, about ten days ago Bruno was bitten just under an eye by some insect or other which set off an allergy, so away we went to the vet again. The two older cats seem to raise their eyes to heaven as if to say, 'Oh these youngsters, drawing attention to themselves! Can't they see the poor woman has enough to deal with! That said, all four continue to be loyal and wonderful companions.

God bless,

J

leutgeb said...

Hope that your husband is home soon and that his recovery goes smoothly.

Jane said...

Dear Leutgeb,

Thanks very much for you thoughtful good wishes. He can't come out until new bed has been delivered and essential plumbing has been completed on the ground floor of the house.

Decorating the study today.
Hope you enjoyed the Lourdes pilgrimage.

All best'
J