Thursday, November 10, 2011

More from Maestro Monsignor Guido Marini

Vatican official notes Pope's attention to detail in liturgy :: Catholic News Agency (CNA) and shares his  personal thoughts whilst standing at Pope Benedict's left hand during Mass. 'At those moments I think to myself, " I am at the side of the Vicar of Christ," and I renew my faith.' I think this is my favourite quote, particularly on St. Leo the Great's day: But perhaps this one is even better: 'I pay attention to everything that goes into the rite in order to really help those participtating to experience God and to help those who are in a spirit of adoration.'

Thank you, dear Monsignor. May Our Lord and His blessed Mother watch over you and grant you a safe and successful trip to Benin and bring you safely home to Rome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have always felt that there was something profoundly "holy" about Monsignor Guido and, indeed, about Monsignor Konrad. Both men are aware in whose presence they are and how they are touching Peter and with him touching God on the altar.
Monsignor Konrad noted in several interviews how he felt in the presence of Blessed John Paul II and how he always had to go to Confession before every Papal Mass. I'm sure he does the same with Benedict and I imagine so does Monsignor Guido.
Thank you, Jane, for this post.

Mary
Hoka2_99