Monday, July 20, 2009

Year of the Priesthood Triduum in Tulsa: Make a Spiritual Journey

Many times during the last year I have devoutly wished I lived in Tulsa, no less so now. The Tulsa Triduum will take place on three successive evenings (Sun. August 2-Tuesday August 4th) in Tulsa Holy Family Cathedral. There will be prayers for priests; supplication and Litany to St. John Mary Vianney and Veneration of his relic; and Benediction of the Most Blessed Sacrament. There is nothing to stop any of us from joining the Tulsa congregation spiritually. I'll be doing so and I'm hoping the Fr Mark will post his homily on Vultus Christi. I will be able to venerate my own relic of St. John. As regular readers know, I'm isolated here and will be unable to be in church physically. What about you?!.......Some brave souls among you may even feel inclined to ask your PP to do something similar, if not on the same date, then at some point during the year.

If you fear that such a suggestion would fall on deaf ears then please make that spiritual journey in my company. It would be wonderful if we could send Father a list of our names, actual or blognames. Please spread this among your internet and personal contacts and let's see what we can do.

No comments: