Sunday, April 11, 2010

Life can never be the same. Deo gratias.

Sorry there is no musical offering today. There simply has not been the time.

I have been absent from blogging for longer than intended. Those of you who noted earlier that Our Lord's Eucharistic presence arrived in St. Romain on the eve of Palm Sunday, will understand why. I now have responsibility for the daily unlocking and locking of the church, and spend at least two hours a day with Our Lord. Pere Marchand is taking a few days well-merited break but when he returns I''ll be seeking his help to get a weekly Holy Hour started and to encourage others to visit Our Lord. I'm most grateful to Fr Mark Kirby for putting me in touch with a new French community who have a special mission to help Parishes with this kind of initiative. I will keep you posted as to how things develop.

In the meantime, the Lord is on His own in our church, which is one reason why I'm with Him as much as possible. Another reason is that I do not quite know how I would have managed over the current days of persecution of our dear Holy Father, had the Lord not been there. As it is, He has converted my panic-stricken anxiety and pain for Pope Benedict and the Church, into a calm offering up for them. In the silence and space thus created He makes me a marginally more fit vessel to adore Him.

4 comments:

Dominic Mary said...

The S. Curé d'Ars : 'What do you do, sitting alone in Church so much ?'

Peasant : 'I look at Him, and He looks at me'.

God Bless you; and forgive me being just a little bit envious.

Jane said...

Dominic Mary: Thank you for your comment. I first came across this quote years ago in Rumer Godden's 'In this House of Brede'. One of the lay sisters in Brede monastery used it to describe her time with the Blessed Sacrament. I've often used it myself since and never realised it was from St. Jean Vianney. It's uncharacteristic of RG not to have given accreditation, so perhaps she didn't know either. Thank you!

You are most welcome to join me spiritually in our little church whenever you have a moment.

With prayers for a holy and peaceful Eastertide.
J

Anonymous said...

Jane, I'm so happy for you in so many ways. Love, Bernadette

Jane said...

Bernadette, I'm so happy to have your comment. Will email you tomorrow.
Love and prayers always,
J