Wednesday, September 29, 2010

For my friends Msgr. Calkins; Mark Miles; and Mac at Mulier Fortis: 'To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven...'

Most of my readers will know at least one of these three friends very well indeed, and I'm sure will join me in sending them good wishes and the assurance of prayers as they embark on a new phase in their pilgrimage.

Monsignore Calkins has been in the service of the Holy see in Rome for 22 years. His last day at 'Ecclesia Dei' is at the end of this month. He is then going back to the United States and will take up his new ministry as chaplain to nuns who run a retirement home in Saint Louis, MO.

Ad multos annos Monsignore, and with prayers always.

Also at the end of this month, Mark begins a very special venture. By St Teresa's day he will, God willing, have entered his Seminary of choice in Germany. I offer him undying gratitude for all the help he has tirelessly and unceasingly given me with my blogs. God speeed Mark. With my love and daily prayers.

Mac's friends all know that she recently lost her beloved Sylvester. Cat lovers amongst us who have experienced separation from a beloved feline companion know what she is going through. God bless and comfort you Mac, with loving and prayerful condolences.

3 comments:

Mulier Fortis said...

Thanks Jane!

Mark said...

Jane:

Thank you! You will be in my prayers!

I wish you Adieu, but hope to see you soon!

Jane said...

Thank you to both of you. I doubt whether Msgr C. will see the post. He is busy packing up his library (even bigger than mine) for shipment to the States.

God bless!