Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Novena for Pope Benedict

This is the Novena I pray everyday at the end of my Holy Hour. It is available on many sites but here I include (in brackets) the additions that I make in my private prayer to Our Lord in His Real Presence.

+
(Beloved) Lord Jesus, source of eternal life and truth, (I entreat you most earnestly and lovingly, at the end of this holy hour), to give unto our shepherd Benedict (whom you have appointed), a spirit of courage and right judgment, a spirit of knowledge and love, (strengthen and guide him) that by governing with fidelity those entrusted to his care, he may (as successor to your apostle Peter, and your vicar on earth) build your Church into a sacrament of unity, love and peace for all the world. Amen.

(Beloved Lord, I implore You), preserve our holy father, Benedict; give him (health and energy to the end of a) long life. Make him blessed upon the earth, and let him not be delivered up to the power of his enemies, ( nor let him flee for fear of the wolves). May Your hand be upon Your holy servant and upon Your son whom you have anointed. Amen.

Our Father
Hail Mary
Salve Regina
Memorare
(After this I make my specific petition regarding the Litany of Loreto and the success of the Holy Father's visit to England and Scotland, and as from today I add: Venerable Mother Mary Potter, intercede for these my intentions.)
O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. ( 3 times)
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on Pope Benedict and upon us all. (3 times)

+In the name of the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit, AMEN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Jane. Love, Bernadette