Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pope Benedict's Spiritual Bouquet II: The log book is now open

Hello everyone and thank you again for your SB I offerings. Thanks also for messages of thanks and delight that the Bouquet was sent off as planned. The fifteen of us did really well in a mere fortnight.

Having a bit of a rough time today as keep getting disconnected every 15 minutes. They're laying cables underground in the next village and it's affecting everyone's broadband. (So Electricite de France have just bought British Energy and can't.....Be quiet Jane and don't be ungracious.)

I'll be working hard now for the next Bouquet to be sent on the Eve of All Saints and trying to recruit other individuals and blogowners so that we can make it even better in content and numbers of people.

Please leave your offerings at any time under any post. I go through daily and pick everything up.

Apart from the usual prayers, rosaries, penances and sacrifices, Masses, Communions etc., I'm planning a SPECIAL MUSIC feature next time because we know how much Papa loves the Chant and Polyphony. Here are some things I'll be offering: Time spent in: Study of Chant in practice with the Liber Usualis, Kyriale and Divine Office; Prayerful listening to Chant (on CDs) of appropriate day with texts; study of the theory of Chant and its history. Anyone who sings in a choir or who attends Liturgy where Chant or Polyphony is performed please please join me (choir practices included!)You will be singing and studying 'in Christo pro Papa Benedict'. I'm sure he'd love to know exactly what you've sung for his intentions, so please include if you have time. I'll be starting later tonight and joining in with 'Adoro te devote'; 'Veni Creator' 'Salve Regina' and Palestrina's 'Tu es Petrus'.

A couple of things came in too late for Our Lady of the Rosary but they will appear in next Bouquet. Must go now - about to be cut off again!

God bless,
In Christo pro Papa,
Jane

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The morning offering posted on the Flagship will be my offering Pro Papa everyday.

Jane said...

Confiteor:

Many thanks,

God bless,

In Christo pro Papa,
Jane

x said...

I'll offer a Rosary every day as well as prayerful listening to chant.

My first offering will be the: Chants de la cathédrale de Benevento.

Best wishes.

Jane said...

Prima,

Thank you - duly recorded!
I'm off to look at yours now to see if there's anything about, two Popes, a synod and a Rabbi...


God bless,

ICCP
Jane

x said...

Hi Jane,

Just read your comment on Holy Smoke (Donanobispacem). You really put it to them. (I'm going through all the comments, so right now I'm on page 3).

You know, some people say that blogs such as Thompson's are read in the Vatican (probably not assiduously, but certainly when posts like this latest one are published). If I were a "rad-Trad" and wanted more from Benedict, I'd be very careful about what I said. I know he disregards petty insults, but these people really don't help themselves. Cardinal Castrillon actually made a reference to "blogs," so we know they are aware of them.

x said...

I also like OTSOTA and The Raven.

Anonymous said...

Jane:


You can put my name to these, even my blog name...

I would like to offer up the hardship caused by some family circumstances, whether material, psychological, or spiritual.

Also, all my Friday fasting and penance, and also special prayers for the Holy Father by name.

You can decide on the next one: I sing in a secular Choir, but unwittingly will also assist singing Sacred Chant. The practice is two hours a week, late on a Sunday evening.

God bless,
Mark

Anonymous said...

I offer ten minutes silent prayer and Mass to-morrow morning for pope Benedict's intentions.