Thursday, October 2, 2008

SS. Gabriel and Raphael, Archangels: Extract from a recent letter to a close spiritual friend....

"My dearest *********,

September 29th, 2008 Feast of SS Michael, Garriel and Raphael

.....as you know, I love the Archangels and have been saddened that today's feast is increasingly referred to as St. Michael's day only. When 'they' lumped them together, I was afraid SS Gabriel and Raphael would eventually be overlooked. In the case of the former, the Annunciation and Christmas mean that he can never be forgotten, but St Raphael.....? I find the lack of concentration on him very sad, particularly when the world is in so much need of spiritual, physical and environmental healing, let alone all those who suffer individually. And what about those Christians in Orissa, India who are enduring brutal persecution even as I write.

Saints Michael, the Defender, Gabriel the Messenger, and Raphael, God's medicine, Pray for us. We need your threefold mission and no part of it is less important than the others. I see each part reflected in the characteristics of our present Holy Father, and I believe that all three Archangels are watching over him with loving concern and that St Michael is particularly active in defending him from his detractors, St Gabriel watching carefully over his role as shepherd and teacher, and St Raphael guarding his health and strength. Please join me in asking their intercession for him, for the Church and for us all........"


N.B. The above extract may or may not find its way into my fourth book, currently being written. I do not mind being quoted briefly, on condition that you acknowledge me as the source.

In Christo pro Papa

8 comments:

Confiteor said...

Jane,

I have enlisted the help of a friend who is a member of Opus Dei and is active with students at a Catholic university, many of whom I suspect already have blogs that are ship-shape to join the Pro Papa League Armada.

Please pray that these efforts bear fruit.

In the hearts of Jesus and Mary,

Confiteor

Confiteor said...

For the spiritual bouquet: an hour this morning spent in prayer before the Blessed Sacrament, accompanied by Papa's book On the Way to Jesus Christ.

Anonymous said...

Jane,

I saw your comment in Pro Papa Alerts. I agree that the Armada's movements have been sluggish of late.

I'm waiting to hear from my Opus Dei friend in response to my request for reinforcements.

Jane said...

Confiteor:

Thank you for these three posts I am comforted. Your Sp. Bouquet offering has been added to the tally. Our first effort is not at all bad considering we've only been logging it for just over a fortnight. (Then we can start on the next for All Saints/All Souls.) Will publish the final Bouquet here on Oct 6th before I send it to Papa.

I pray for time tomorrow to approach other French and UK blog owners to join the Armada. I meant to do this before, but the days do not seem long enough, do they?

I applaud your Opus Dei initiative, with the reservation that others may not feel as comfortable with it. (The pernicious and insidious perpetuation of untruth in their regard via an extremely badly researched, ill conceived blockbuster novel, may have done the Devil's work it was intended to do.)

I am not Opus Dei myself, but if necessary will speak out in its defence from personal experience of the quality of its Confessors.

And of course, Papa trusts them too. He stayed with them in Australia!

God bless,

In Christo pro Papa,
Jane

Anonymous said...

I need to read your other three books first! :D

Jane said...

Mark:

Sorry, perhaps I'm being thick, but I don't understand your comment. Perhaps you'll email an explanation.

God bless,

In Christo pro Papa
Jane

Anonymous said...

"The above extract may or may not find its way into my fourth book, currently being written"

I meant 'slow down', for I would like to read your first three books first! :D

Anonymous said...

Jane, add a rosary from me for your bouquet. It was said today for the Holy Father.