Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Holy Mary, 'Mother of Priests', pray for us.

For those of you who may not have picked it up, I repeat here, yesterday's post from the Spiritual Mothers of Priests blog.

"I think it was January 4 this year when I posted that I intended to write to the Holy Father begging him to sanction a new invocation into the Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Loreto), which would honour Our Lady as Mother and Queen of Clergy. Other matters have in the meanwhile intervened to prevent the writing of that letter. But I have never forgotten it, and during the last month Father Mark Kirby has let me know that he thinks this would represent a worthy plea; and then at last Sunday's Angelus, Pope Benedict himself referred to Our Lady as 'Mother of Priests'. I will now write the letter, hoping that it will reach our Holy Father on or before the feast of St. Joseph. I will be gladdened and strengthened by any support you may sendvia comment or email, and when the letter is written will here reproduce its relevant parts.

The major impetus in this plea to the Holy Father, is the fervent desire that the spirit of this Year of the Priest should be perpetually represented before Our Lady in her Litany."

I don't expect to be here again until Thursday when (DV) there will be a musical offering to Our Lady of Lourdes, and the second post on the Annulment of Marriage. In the meantime have a happy and holy Saint Scholastica's day!

No comments: