Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fr. Lionel Sham R.I.P.: Funeral and Memorial Mass times; and new report of Court hearing

These, thanks to 'Tango' are to be found in the combox of previous post here 'For Fr. Lionel Sham R.I.P. and his family'.

Tango: one thing is puzzling me: all the reports I've read say that there were bloodstains in Father's house, and yet another, allegedly police report, said there were no signs of wounds on Father's body. They said they awaited an autopsy which would determine the cause of death. Do you know what has happened there?

The most important thing to tell you from here though, is that as many of us who know the times you have given us, will be with you all in spirit. I hope someone has told the Holy Father, who arrives in Cameroon on the day of Father's Requiem.

In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary,
Jane

4 comments:

Tango said...

These reports are all from different newspaper reports in South Africa.
I don't believe that all the facts are always accurate.
I am sure more details would be released when they are available during the court proceedings.

The website below gives the Information Officer

Office for Communication and Media
as Fr Chris Townsend

(http://southafricancatholic.blogspot.com/)

Fr Chris Townsend

Information Officer

Office for Communication and Media.

Southern African Catholic Bishops' Conference (SACBC)

P.O.Box 941 Pretoria 0001 South Africa

Khanya House - 399 Paul Kruger Street, Pretoria, 0001

Tel: +27 (0)12 323 6458

Fax: +27 (0) 12 326 6218

Mobile: +27(0)82 783 4729

www.sacbc.org.za

Jane said...

Tango:

Sorry have been unavoidably pre-occupied today. Thank you for these which I'll follow up tomorrow. Please keep the news coming. Your efforts will not be wasted if I have anything to do with it.

God bless,
J

Anonymous said...

Hi There,

I am a niece of Father Lionel, and it really distresses me to tell you that the blood in his room was from a stab wound above his eye. The press have been giving all sorts of reports, but even we were getting different feedback continually in the beginning.

Many blessings

Jane said...

Anonymous:

I am afraid I am not surprised. I found it difficult to equate the reports of 'the blood stained room' and then 'no visible woulds' on the body of your beloved relative. I willl upfront the information tomorrow in discreet terms and want you to be assured that I will continue to follow this. Please keep me informed of developments. I think the western media need to wake up and shine a spotlight on it.

I am considering who best to approach. In the meantime, please accept my condolences and prayers.
J