Monday, April 13, 2009

"This Joyful Eastertide, away with sin and sorrow!" Please listen to this!

This old Easter carol has long been my favourite in English. Share it by clicking top link on sidebar (with an encore bonus). The Choir is 'The international Staff Songsters' (of the Salvation Army) in Sweden, at their best. Their enunciation is so good I probably don't need to type out the words, but will do so tomorrow just because I love them.

We always used to sing this on Easter morning at St. Mary's Cadogan St. Chelsea London (otherwise a Latin Missa Cantata according to the New Rite). I can never forget the thrill each year, of repeatedly hitting the top note on the fourth 'Arisen' in the refrain. In a way an even more precious memory is of singing it solo circa 1973, in a small chapel of ease at Bishopsteignton in Devon.

Hope you all enjoy it.
With my love and prayers this joyful Eastertide 2009
God bless all here
ICPP
J

No comments: