Saturday, February 6, 2010

'Catholic Voices' for the Pope's Visit to UK; and news of my intended posts on Annulment

I have been studying my annulment file and hope to publish the first of a series of posts on ANNULMENT on Monday afternoon. I hope not to post again before then.

In the meantime, I found this a couple of days ago at Zenit:

"UK CATHOLICS LEARN MEDIA SKILLS AHEAD OF PAPAL VISIT"
See here. You can reach the site of this newly formed and independent initiative at:http://www.catholicvoices.org.uk/ The President of the Catholic Union of Great Britain, Lord Brennan, and the Abbot of Worth are the projects patrons. It is independent of the Bishops Conference although apparently that body endorses it.

Have a look. It's really quite interesting and perhaps an opportunity for some of our best bloggers to put themselves forward for training, that is if they have not already signed up!

4 comments:

On the side of the angels said...

They're only picking 20-25 for Catholic voices so there will be quite a lot of X-factor - like eliminations. The vast majority of us will be sent away disappointed.

Going for an unofficial interview on Friday so please say a little prayer [although I'll more than likely fall at the first hurdle]

Jane said...

OTSOTA:
Yes, I knew about the 25. I nearly sent you a Facebook message yesterday about this and failed because of other pressing matters. However, had written in my 'daily orders' to do it tomorrow afternoon. Stand by!!

It will be more than just 'a little prayer'.

God bless,
Jx

Anonymous said...

You may want to read my post as Father Z's blog here:

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2010/02/benedict-xvi-to-the-churchs-jurists-and-tribunals-shun-pseudo-pastoral-claims/#comments

Look for a real long post about the 65th one in the chain of comments. I got on the discussion too late, sadly.

Jane said...

Anonymous:

Thank you very much for the link. Don't know how I missed the post in the first place. (I check Fr Z at least once a day!)Yours turns out to be the last comment, and a powerful one it is and I will draw readers' attention to it in my own first post on the subject, which I'm now about to compose.

Thank you again,
J