Thursday, September 30, 2010

Novena to Blessed John Henry Newman begins here tomorrow

Yesterday, wanting to offer a Novena to our new Blessed, I searched the Internet and couldn't find one. Providentially the required nine days are available to us between tomorrow and the first celebration of Blessed John Henry Newman's day on October 9th. And what better day to begin such a Novena than the Feast of St. Therese, whose relics, also providentially in my humble view, preceded our Holy Father's visit and the beatification of Cardinal Newman.



I am composing a Novena and will post it day by day, starting with Day 1 tomorrow. I intend to include in it, points for meditation via quotes from both Blessed John Henry Newma and from Pope Benedict's recent UK homilies and speeches. I can't publish the Novena all at once because of the thought, study and prayer this will involve in order to proceed. I began the work yesterday and with God's help, and yours through prayer, am confident of being able to post each each evening 1st-9th October.

ITM have a happy and holy feast of St. Therese everyone.

2 comments:

Ella said...

I searched for one too but to no avail. Looking forward to following yours.

Jane said...

Thanks Ella. Just been studying three more of the HF's speeches.
All going according to plan!